Reading Period for Fall Issue: May 1st—September 1st
Reading Period for Spring Issue: November 1st—April 1st
We accept submissions through submittable—submit HERE
SIDEREAL IS LOOKING FOR YOUR STRANGE / BEAUTIFUL / BEAUTIFULLY STRANGE
SEND US YOUR FEAR / FEARLESSNESS
SEND US YOUR MOST HONEST / GUTSY / VULNERABLE / PIERCING / HOPEFUL / ANXIETY-RIDDEN FORESTS
please submit up to five poems in one file, addressed to Poetry Editor, Katie Mertz. we are very happy to consider excerpts of longer poems, translations, erasures, etc.
please submit one essay, limit 3,000 words, or up to three flash essays (750 words or less) in one file, addressed to Essay Editor, Amber Taliancich Allen. we’re looking for creative nonfiction only, at this time. we’re not accepting reviews, nor academic or craft essays. we’re especially interested in lyric, visual, and/or hyrbid/experimental work.
- all submissions must be previously unpublished works
- simultaneous submissions are accepted and encouraged (but please let us know if/when work has been accepted elsewhere)
- please include a brief cover letter and third person bio
- all rights revert to the author upon publication, but we ask that Sidereal is acknowledged as the site of first publication if poems or essays appear in books or anthologies
- please wait at least three months between submissions before sending us new work (no multiple submissions within a category)
For any questions, feel free to contact us, here: firstname.lastname@example.org